Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Sport Utility Bicycle - SUB

This was an interesting article and clip. Especially the blender. That is kind of new.

When I was a Freshman and Sophomore at the University of Colorado I didn't have a car. Being single, young and not employed it was not all that hard. It gets harder when you are older, have strict times when you have to be at work etc.

Annie got her bike at a yard sale, and I got mine at a thrift store. Real high end machines, but they get us around. We are limited to what we can carry on them. A few light items in a bag isn't a problem, but when you pick up a gallon of milk, it makes it a little unstable. In the olden days, when I was at CU, I would toss everything into an old army green pack and just head home up the hill. It was surprising what I could get in the pack, but I don't really want to go back to the pack either. This guy has an extended length frame bike, and some heavy duty panniers.... which I am not sure is the answer either. Give it a look. It's kind of fun.



3 comments:

pixiestylist said...

extremely interesting... i want to get into all of this stuff. but it seems to always require money. which i'm feeling a bit short on lately

Mike said...

Wow...That is pretty cool. Have you seen some of the stuff folks in China haul on their bicycles? It is amazing.

Annieofbluegables said...

Yeah Mike, I was thinking about the people in Taiwan on their scooters. I tried to get pictures, but I don't think I succeeded. It was amazing what they could haul.
~a